TYB Barre Online Training
Become a Barre Instructor OR just deepen your own personal practice from the comfort of your own home! TYB’s Online Barre Training will be a series of online training workshops (via the Zoom app) followed by in studio practice teaching once we are up and running here again at The Yoga Barre.
In this online training you get: – A 64 page training Manual (PDF or pay a little extra for a hard copy to be shipped directly to you!)
Workshops: (11 Workshops)
(done through zoom meeting together as a training group)
– Introduction and Terminology – 1 hour – (Friday, May 1st – 6-7pm)
– Warm Up Sequence – 45 mins – (Saturday, May 2nd – 1-2pm)
– Musicality and Class Room Prep – 45 mins – (Friday, May 8th – 6-7pm)
– Core Exercises and Cuing – 1.5 hours (Saturday, May 9th – 1-2pm)
– Being a Confident Barre Teacher Tricks – 45 mins (Friday, May 15th – 6-7pm)
– Lower Body Exercises and Cuing – 1.5 hours (Saturday, May 16th – 1-3pm)
– Cool Down Sequence – 45 mins (Friday, May 22nd – 6-7pm)
– Cardio Exercises and Cuing – 1 hour (Saturday, May 23rd – 1-2pm)
– Upper Body Exercises and Cuing – 1 hour (Saturday, May 23rd – 2-3pm)
– Modifications for injury, pre/post natal, different experience levels – 1 hour (Friday, May 29th – 6-7pm)
– PLUS: Functional Anatomy as it pertains to a Barre Practice with Dona Watts-Hutchings – 2.5/3 hours
(Saturday, May 30th – 1-4pm)
One-On-One:– You get 3 – 20 min One-On-One private zoom meetings with Heather to over songs, your sequence (say it out loud and teach it to Heather!), and any other questions that may come up for you one your Barre Teaching Journey. (Dates/times determined between you and Heather!)
Classes:– FREE access to the TYB Barre Class Library, so you can practice Barre anytime! (if studio is open then you will be able to come to live classes for FREE) (Take them when you’d like – but you must journal 10 barre experiences)
Practice Teaching!– Once the studio is back up and running, you’ll get to teach a part of your sequence in a team teach (with other instructors) and once we work the newbie teaching nerves out – you’ll have 2 classes that you’ll teach on your own here at TYB before we send you off into the Barre Teaching World. (dates will be determined once we are up and running again, we are hoping for summer!)
– Constructive feedback will be given so that you can be your best instructor.
COST: Early Bird is $475.00 plus GST until April 25th. After that $525.00 plus GST until the start of the program.
HOW TO REGISTER:
You Can Register Through the TYB App (Go To Teacher Trainings) OR by clicking this LINK. (if it doesn’t work – copy and paste this: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/home?studioid=261770 ) Go to the Teacher Training tab.
Prefer to e-transfer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your registration that way.