Are you a current fitness or yoga instructor and you’d like to add Barre to your fitness teaching repertoire?
Do you want to learn how to become an EXCEPTIONAL Barre Teacher while discovering your own unique bare teaching vibe? Then this course is for YOU.
TYB’s Barre Training is a comprehensive training done over 3 weekends. A whirlwind barre lesson done in a short weekend this is not. You will get the full value of your tuition by diving deep into the world of barre and emerge as an knowledgeable, skilled, and unique instructor.
We won’t give you some handouts and set you loose into the barre teaching world either – you’ll be able to apply your skills, practice teach, receive constructive feedback from senior instructors, and have someone to answer all your barre teaching questions so that you can truly hone your craft and feel like a total barre boss!
Dates: May 4 – 6, May 18 – 20, June 1 – 3, 2018
1. I don’t want to be a teacher, but I LOVE Barre and want to deepen my practice – can I take this training?
Yes! You can sit in on the lectures and not participate in the actual teaching part of the training if you’d like! Message Heather for a reduced rate to just sit in on lectures.
2. I’m already a certified Barre instructor – but I’d just like a refresher on some of the concepts and a little bit of inspiration. Can I take this training?
Yes! You can also sit in on lectures and partake in the classes. Contact Heather directly for more info and a reduced rate.
3. I have no other certifications – can I be a barre instructor with this training?
Most studios/gyms/community clubs in Winnipeg require you to have at least a fitness certification or a 200hr Yoga Certification to teach Barre. Boutique studios with their own brand of barre have their own training that their instructors go through so make sure to contact those studios if that’s where you dream of teaching! That being said you can always take this training and THEN finish any extra fitness or yoga requirements necessary to qualify to teach at those facilities (each facility has their own set of guidelines)
4. Are there per-requisites to taking this training?
No per-requisites but a background in yoga is helpful. (As our method has yoga fundamentals) During the training you’ll be required to take at LEAST 15 classes. 8 will be covered in the actual training and you’ll have to fit 7 classes in on your own time. If you don’t know how Barre feels in your body – it will be really hard to teach it to others which is why taking classes is so important!
5. What is the cost of this training?
The cost is $575.00 (plus applicable taxes) and this includes:
- 3 weekends of training (approximately 35 hours)
- A FREE MONTH at TYB (from May 3rd – June 3rd) so you can take classes
- TYB Schwag
- 2 co-teaching practice teaching classes with a senior instructor after the training
- Use of the studio space to do your own practice teaching for your friends/family (speak with Heather to arrange dates/times)
- Becoming a kick ass and confident barre instructor!
6. What are the hours of this training?
Fridays: 7pm – 9:30pm
Saturdays: 9pm – 3pm (30 minute lunch/snack break from 12:00 – 12:30, Two 15 minute breaks in the AM and PM lectures)
Sundays: 9pm – 3pm (30 minute lunch/snack break from 12:00 – 12:30, Two 15 minute breaks in the AM and PM lectures)
7. Oh no! I can’t attend all the weekends!! Can I still finish my training?
It is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT that you be in attendance for the entire training. Certain modules are mandatory (like the anatomy lecture) and cannot be made up. If you have to miss a part of training you can make up for it by having a one-on-one session with Heather at the cost of $50.00/hour. (so its best that you just clear your calendar!)
8. Sooooo…what exactly will I learn in this training?
We will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga, Pilates, and Ballet Terminology
- Barre Moves and Alignment Prinicples
- Dynamic and Effective Teaching Skills
- How to Sequence a 60 min and 45 min Class Efficiently and Effectively
- Cueing and Verbal Instructions
- Finding Your inner Barre Star – How to Discover your Unique Teaching Style
- MUSIC MATTERS – Picking Songs that Work
- Modifications for pre/post natal, injuries, beginners
Have more questions? Email: Heather@TheYogaBarreWPG.com and she’ll get back to you with some answers!
Ready to Rock? Click HERE to Enroll! (go to Teacher Training Tab)