To celebrate St. Patricks Day today, I thought I would post this super amazing green smoothie recipe. It is one of my favourites because it involves a lot of greens (which are not always on the top of my ‘to eat’ list)
Green Kale Smoothie:
- 12 ounces ‘milk’ of your choice (I use coconut, but use whatever you drink!)
- 2 cups kale
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- shredded or sliced coconut (optional)
Blend all together, top with coconut if that’s what you like and enjoy!
See? Super easy! This is definitely my ‘go to’ when I’ve been super busy and haven’t had the time to eat my daily dose of veggies.
Fat, g: 16
Carbs, g: 37
Protein, g: 11
Sat Fat, g: 6
Sodium, mg: 57
Fiber, g: 16
Sugar, g: 10
Calcium %: 47
- Want it not as thick? Thin it out with water.
- Want it a little more chill? Add ice.
- Kale out of season and super expensive? Spinach is also a great substitute!
- Use whatever “milk” you like! I used coconut cause I love coconut but really the option is completely yours!